Even though there is some awareness about uppsc examination among the rural as well as urban population in UP, not many think of it as a strong career option. Especially in an industrially developed state like UP, there is availability of other attractive career opportunities such as Engineering (preferably software engineering), Medical, Management, Architecture so on and so forth.Hence the parents as well as students seldom think of uppsc as their very first career option. In addition to this, various misunderstanding about the nature of these exams, suspicions about one’s own abilities, lack of awareness about availability of quality guidance and standard reading material etc further distract the students from taking this career option seriously.
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2018 – 2019 by Leelawati IAS
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice).
- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination)
- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Provincial Civil Service (UP PCS) written Exam is as Follows :-
Pre Exam Pattern
- The Written test will be multiple choice objective type.
- The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers.
- The papers shall be of 200 marks each and of two hours duration.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively.
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Mains Exam Pattern 2019
Written Exam will be Subjective as well as objective Type.
Compulsory Subjects :-
Paper Subject Marks Time Duration
1. General Hindi 150 03:00 hours
2. Essay 150 03:00 hours
3. General Studies-I 200 02:00 hours
4. General Studies-II 200 02:00 hours
5. General Studies-III 200 02:00 hours
6. General Studies-IV 200 02:00 hours
Optional Subjects (any One) :- Question Papers will be of 03:00 hours.
Exam Syllabus : Exam Syllabus for UPPSC Provincial Civil Service written Exam is given below:-
Pre Exam Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: Two hours
Current events of national and international importance.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and governance – Constitution , Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration:Two hours
Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Decision making and problem solving.
General mental ability
Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
General English upto Class X level.
General Hindi upto Class X level.